Day two of my pre-Miami body prep, y’all. And by prep, I mean freaking out and frivolously googling juice cleanses. (I have yet to pull the trigger on any, just FYI.) As soon as I do, you all will be the first to know. Duh.
I’ve never really documented my vacation anxiety before. My clients, and my friends, (LOL I have like five friends who AREN’T clients!) know all too well. But I don’t think my FiC readers have had the pleasure of indulging in one of my freakout panic attacks. Am I alone in this? Am I the only one who freaks out about getting everything put together just right so you can FULLY relax on vacay? I know, it’s not that serious. That’s just my personality. I can’t help it. #blessmyheart, right?
But just like all other things that stress me the hell out, writing ALWAYS helps. (Thank God for this blog!) So to ease the anxiety/put off everything I need to do, I’m going to share a little Do This, Not That. A little Transformation Tuesday, if you will. 🙂
1. You’re exhausted AF after work, and you have absolutely no energy. So you go home, put on your PJs, pour some wine, eat some popcorn, and go to bed. Who tf do you think you are? Olivia Pope? Honestly…
DO THIS INSTEAD: First things first, always keep a spare set of gym clothes in your car. It will eliminate ALL excuses. Change at work, or at the gym, and walk on the treadmill at an incline of 5 (speed at least 3.5) for AT LEAST 10 minutes. Miracles will happen. Your motivation will kick in. You’ve made it this far, might as well run a little. 😉 And for God’s sake, eat a little protein.
2. You’ve talked yourself into getting up at the butt crack of dawn to workout. You set your alarm, you go to sleep, alarm goes off, you hit snooze, and you tell your workout plans to eff off.
DO THIS INSTEAD: Put your alarm clock/phone on the other side of the room so you HAVE to get out of bed to turn it off. Put your workout clothes, and a bottle of water, right by your phone. Drink the water bottle, and get dressed. The hydration will help wake you up! (Note: You should always hydrate before you caffeinate.)
3. You say no to any and all plans that involve eating out because you’re on a strict diet.
DO THIS INSTEAD: Give yourself a break. Go enjoy your friends. Just don’t get crazy. You have a brain; and you know what you should and shouldn’t be eating. Engage that self-control muscle! You can do it. Let them know you are trying to make healthy choices. If they love you, they will understand. And they might even join you! #trendsetter
4. On the days you make it to the gym, you go so hard you burn yourself the hell out. And then you don’t make it back for a month.
DO THIS INSTEAD: Start slow, and go at a pace you’re comfortable with. Limit yourself to 20-30 minutes on a cardio machine, and spend the rest of your workout strength training. That’s where the REAL magic happens, anyway.
5. You spend an embarrassing amount of time watching Netflix. I’m talking six-season series in a week, type of time. (I’m so guilty!)
DO THIS INSTEAD: Pick a binge-worthy show you’ve been dying to watch. (Fuller House comes out this week!!!!!!) Only allow yourself to watch that show when you’re on a cardio machine. Problem solved! 🙂 Honestly y’all, I love doing this. I find myself looking forward to cardio!
Are you guilty? Let’s discuss some bad habits. I’m all about it. And I’m here to help you kick ’em! For good.
Stay fit, friends! Xo