If you’ve never been to San Francisco, and you plan on going someday, here’s 5 things you need to know:
1. The wind is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. And I live in Lubbock. So, that’s sayin’ somethin’…
2. You will freeze your arse off, year round, without at least 1 heavy jacket. High wind + sea breeze = death of a Texan.
3. If you have a sweet tooth, San Francisco will be your bestest friend everrrrrr. Seriously, I was in heaven 99% of the time (when I wasn’t shivering).
4. You haven’t climbed a “hill” until you’ve walked around the city of San Fran. My shins are still sore…
5. The views will blow your mind; and you will be envious of the locals who get to see it every day.
We had an amazing trip! It was more of an adventure, actually. We did almost everything you could possibly do in the Bay Area.
We did the Fisherman’s Wharf (twice). That was probably our favorite area. Yes, it’s touristy. But endless local shops, eateries, bakeries and bars make it irresistible. Plus, the views!
We did Ghirardelli Square, of course, but the real highlight was Kara’s Cupcakes. I went twice in two days. It’s like Sprinkles of the Bay Area…but better!
If you’re an Oyster lover, Hog Island Oyster Co. at the Ferry Building is a must. We’re not huge Oyster peeps, but we did it anyways. Juuuuuust to say we did.
We did Alcatraz. And damn. It was awesome. AND COLD!
We did Napa and Sonoma; and we even got a tour of Domaine Chandon Champagne Cellars. And if you didn’t know, Domaine Chandon Champagne Cellars is owned by Louis Vuitton. I died a little…
We did Muir woods, and we did Sausalito.
For both tours (Napa + Sonoma and Muir Woods + Sausalito) we used The Great Pacific Tour Company. I highly recommend them! They’re knowledgeable, polite, and very accommodating.
And then there’s my favorite, Union Square. The Nike store was like 6 stories tall y’all!
If you ever go to San Francisco, there’s two places you MUST go. First, The View Lounge at the top of the Marriott Hotel. It just reopened in January, and the views are fantastic!
Second, Top of The Mark. It’s at the very top of the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental Hotel, and it will take your breath away.
Especially at sunset…
The day we went home, we had just enough time for brunch; and Dottie’s True Blue Cafe did not disappoint. Please look at this coffee cake. Oh. my. gawwwwwd.
I’m telling you, my sweet tooth was super satisfied on this trip.
Another beautiful city off the bucket list. Where will I end up next? 🙂
Stay fit, friends! Xo