Since I started this blog, one of the questions I get asked most often is “What do you eat?” Followed by… “And don’t sugar coat it. I need to know EXACTLY what it is you put in your body.”
I cringe and laugh a little every time someone asks me that. Because, if I really told them I ate half a coffee cake over Christmas and half a dozen cookies over the weekend, they would probably punch me in the face. But seriously people, my sweet tooth is something serious.
So, because it’s Monday and snacking makes Mondays just a liiiiiittle more bearable, I’ve compiled a list of my five favorite guiltless sweet snacks.
1. Atkins Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar — This is perfect when you’re craving dessert. Atkins developed this bar as a meal replacement, so it will fill you up quickly. Most of the time I can only eat half of one. I am not on the Atkins diet, but I could live off of Atkins bars. They are all SO good. You can find these bars near the vitamin/supplement aisle in the grocery store.
2. Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop Lightly Sweet Popcorn — Whoever invented this stuff is genius. It’s only 37 calories per cup; and since popcorn expands in your stomach, you won’t want to eat much. This can be found in the chips/dips aisle.
3. Fage All-Natural Greek Strained Yogurt — (Pronounced Fa-yeh) This yogurt is my absolute favorite. I really wasn’t a big yogurt fan until I tried this. All of the flavors are great, but you can never go wrong with peach. If you are lactose intolerant, this yogurt is very easy on your tummy.
4. Dark Chocolate Crunch Multi-Grain Cheerios — This cereal is wonderful for snacking. With or without milk, it’s really good. I eat it dry, right out of the box.
5. Quaker Wild Blueberry Multi-Grain Fiber Crisps — Baked, high in fiber, and perfectly crispy…these are slightly addicting. If you like blueberry muffins, you will LOVE these. They have one other flavor, but blueberry is by far the best. You should be able to find these near the canned nuts and dried fruit in the grocery store.
If you have trouble finding any of these in your local grocery store, let me know, and I will do some research for ya!