First things first — Don’t let the name of these cookies scare you off. Gluten-free shmootin-free; they still taste heavenly! And they are SO easy to make.
These cookies are great year-round; but they are way fun for Christmas!
I’ve honestly never given a gluten-free cookie recipe a second thought until last week. One of my sweet friends had her Christmas party last week, and she can’t eat gluten. She sent me this recipe (because she knows I’m down to bake whatever. whenever.), and they turned out to be waaaaayyyy better than I thought. They’re actually, probably some of the best cookies I’ve ever made.
Clementine agreed. (The dough is kitty friendly. In moderation!)
Never-mind being generally healthier than most versions of this cookie, the easiness of this recipe is THE best part.
You only need seven ingredients. That’s it! Mix it all together, roll into balls, and then roll the balls in holiday sugar (if desired).
Bake, and then press a Hershey’s Kiss into each one.
Let them set in the freezer for 10 minutes, and voila! Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies…that are like, really pretty.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (I used half Jif and half Peanut Butter & Co.’s Mighty Maple. That’s what I had on hand; and I think the maple made them even better!)
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sugar for rolling
- Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or liners, and make room in freezer for cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, and baking soda until well blended (about a minute). Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just blended.
- Scoop out dough using a cookie scoop, roll into balls, roll in sugar, and place them about two inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes. Cookies should be puffed and a little crackled; and just a tad bit undone.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie. Place cookie sheet in the freezer immediately to set the kisses. Remove from the freezer as soon as the kisses are set. (It takes about 10-15 minutes.)
*Recipe adapted from The Recipe Girl
I apologize for the influx of irresistible goodies on the blog this week. ‘Tis the season! 🙂
Happy holiday baking, sweet friends! Xo
SHOP THE POST