With Miami coming up this weekend, I’m putting my killer-legs routine on overdrive. And no, it’s not just 30958236987359827 squats and lunges. My secret to killer summer legs consists of waaaaaay more than just workouts. It’s a careful combination of fitness, diet, and TLC. <3
Everyone is so concerned with tummies during bikini season, the legs get a little left out. And what a shame! Because killer legs and a tight booty are EVERYTHING in a bikini…and shorts…and dresses…and rompers.
So here it is, my loves. . .
— 10 Secrets to Killer Summer Legs —
- There’s no such thing as “leg day.” Leg day is every day! — Take at least 10 minutes every single day to concentrate on them legs, giiiiirrrrl. Here’s a few of my workouts to give you some fitspo:
– Build a Bikini Backside
– My Vacation Workout
– Build a Booty
- Do your chores in heels. — You will thank me later; I promise. And so will your bae. (I hate that word. But it’s necessary here.)
- Every time you blow-dry, curl, or straighten your hair, do calf raises. — The ENTIRE time. No excuses. Just don’t burn yourself, please.
- Get out of your damn comfort zone. — If you’re a treadmill runner, go for a run outside. If you’re an elliptical-only type of girl, try a steep incline walk. Do a spin class, try yoga, check out a kickboxing studio. Anything out of your ordinary, Confuse those muscles!
- Don’t deprive yourself. — Healthy fats are a good thing. Always. (Hello, bubble butt!) Think: avocados, REAL butter, almonds, olive oil, etc. But in moderation. Always in moderation.
- Cut back on the sugar. — As much as I LOATHE to even type that sentence, it is so crucial. The older I get, the more I notice the effects that sugar has on my body. If I go one full week with eating dessert ONLY twice a week, my legs are 100% tighter, leaner, and less dimply. No joke. Don’t believe me? Try it.
- Increase the amount of cardio in your life. — If you’re a beginner athlete, try this every morning and every night. Your aerobic capacity will increase in no time!
- Exfoliate! — There’s nothing better than giving your legs a good scrub down (and shave) before a day at the beach. Getting rid of all that dead skin will help those legs soak up the sun. (It’s also an anti-cellulite hack.) Here’s a list of my favorite exfoliators:
– Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator
– Bronze Goddess Exfoliating Body Cleanser
– Beach Body Scrub
- Body oil > lotion — In the summer, thick body lotions are almost too much. I feel like they make me sweat way more than normal. But body oils on the other hand…YES, please! They’re light, and moisturizing. And I like mine with a hint of shimmer, of course:
– Contour Body Treatment Oil
– Revitalizing Body Oil
– Bronze Goddess Shimmering Body Oil
- Leg makeup is a thing. — And there’s no shame in using it! I’ve been pretty skeptical in the past of body makeup, but I’ve found some game-changers. Here are my faves:
– Supermodel Body Slimmer Shimmer Shape, Hydrate & Glow
– Body Blur Instant HD Skin Finish
– One Night Only Wash Off Face and Body Lotion
And ALWAYS remember — nobody is perfect. Not even supermodels. So shake what your mama gave you, girl!
You can find my blouse on K. Ellis Boutique’s Instagram. Just comment on the item you like, with your email, and she will take care of you. Don’t forget to mention Fit is Chic for 10% off! | Shorts | Shoes (Similar, and these are 30% off!)
Photography: Ashley Marie
Stay fit, friends! Xo
SHOP THIS POST