I’ll be the first to admit, for 27 years, I LOATHED breakfast. But it was not the food I hated… (Lord knows I love a good blueberry muffin!) It was the feeling/pressure/inconvenience of breakfast.
I mean, who honestly has time to sit down and make themselves a five-star breakfast in the morning? Nope, not me. And who reeeeeeeeally wants to eat egg whites, turkey, and bland af toast first thing in the morning? Yea, not me.
(Kudos to you if you do either of those things. You’re a boss.)
But here we are, year 28, and I’m actually quite fond of breakfast now…
And I 100% have protein bars to thank for that. They’re convenient, efficient, and really freakin’ good. <3
So for your convenience, I’m ranking my favorite bars. Nutrition facts included!
1. Lemon Cake Oh Yeah! One Bar — 220 calories, 22 grams of protein, 23 carbs, 10 grams of fiber, & 1 gram of sugar.
2. Carrot Cake Clif Bar — 240 calories, 9 grams of protein, 45 carbs, 5 grams of fiber, & 25 grams of sugar.
3. Peanut Butter Pie Oh Yeah! One Bar — 220 calories, 22 grams of protein, 23 carbs, 10 grams of fiber, & 1 gram of sugar.
4. Birthday Cake Oh Yeah! One Bar — 220 calories, 21 grams of protein, 24 carbs, 9 grams of fiber, & 1 gram of sugar.
1. Chocolate Brownie Oh Yeah! One Bar — 210 calories, 21 grams of protein, 24 carbs, 10 grams of fiber, & 1 gram of sugar.
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar — 190 calories, 21 grams of protein, 20 carbs, 14 grams of fiber, & 0 grams of sugar.
3. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Quest Bar — 190 calories, 20 grams of protein, 22 carbs, 15 grams of fiber, & 1 gram of sugar.
1. Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars — I get the variety pack with Oats ‘n’ Honey, Peanut Butter, and Maple Brown Sugar. Maple is my FAVE! But the nutrition, unfortunately, just isn’t up to par with the bars above. They only have 190 calories, but the protein is lacking (4-5 grams.) Still one of my favorites though. 🙂
2. Vanilla Blueberry Kind Bars — I love these for the whole grains! With only 140 calories each, they have 20 grams of whole grains, with 5 super grains.
What are some of your favorite bars? Fill me in!
Stay fit, friends. Xo
SHOP THIS POST