It’s no secret (anymore), I am a little OCD about smells. I’m all about a good, wearable scent. You know, one of those scents people just randomly come up and tell you that you smell good? Yes. #LOVETHAT
Heavy perfumes in the summer are a NO NO, girl. If you’re wearing the same scent year-round, you’re not doing it right. But not to worry; I’m hookin’ you up today, booboo. 😉
Floral, musky, light, sporty…I’m sharing a scent for everyone’s taste today! Here are my very favorite scents for summer. . .
1. Citron Glace — Little Sister introduced me to this one. She picked it up on a trip to Chicago, and I’m so glad she did. It’s super light and citrusy, and perfect for a day at the beach (or pool).
2. Stella by Stella McCartney — Every time I wear this, people rave about how good I smell. It’s light, but it’s flirty. I keep the travel spray in my purse at all times…just sayin’.
3. Santal 33 — I introduced you all to this scent last week, and I’ve already had numerous people tell me how much they love it! #toldyouso Seriously, if sexy had a scent. This would be it.
4. Ma Vie by Hugo Boss — I snagged a bottle of this, in the airport, on the way home from Grand Cayman; and it turned out to be the ultimate girly, summer scent. With a hint of sweetness, and a light woody note, it’s perfect.
5. Prada Luna Rossa Sport — I got a sample of this from Sephora, and I about died. If you hate girly perfumes, you will LOVE this. It’s made for men, but tbh, I don’t care. (And according to the reviews, lots of women agree.)
6. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet — I steal a squirt of this from Little Sister every now and then. I’m not a super-girly perfume type of woman, but this is a great scent for church, business dinners, or meetings. It’s not overpowering, and that’s why I love it.
7. Un Jardin Sur le Nil by Hermes — Maybe it’s because this scent reminds me of my mom, but I love this stuff. It’s so light and summery; and It’s refreshingly light, if you’re not a big scent person.
8. Chloe — This is my favorite scent for a night out. It’s fresh, chic and smooth. And it lasts! The touch of rose in this scent is everything. If you love perfumes with floral notes, this will be your new favorite date-night perfume.
What are your favorite summer scents? Have you worn any of these?
Photography: Kristin Rottman