Ask any woman if she’d rather have a mate who loathed the gym, or one who loved the gym; I can 99% guarantee it’d be the latter. Call it women’s intuition, call it a gut-feeling; but whatever it is, it’s a force to be reckoned with.
While there is a very fine line between being fit and being ridiculous (I’m talking to you, meatheads), men on the fit side of the line are frontrunners in a woman’s mind. Here’s why:
- Men who workout exude a sense of self-confidence. A type of confidence not gained from money or good looks, just a sense of self-worth stemming from hard work and dedication. It’s mysteriously attractive, and absolutely irresistible.
- They understand and respect a woman’s desire to stay in shape. There’s no need to explain your two-hour workout to a man who works out; he gets it. He knows it’s necessary to have time to yourself to sweat, de-stress and unwind. Even better? He loves you more for it.
- They take care of themselves. If a man takes care of himself, the first thing a woman thinks (and is bred to think) is: “He is capable of taking care of me.” End of story; because we all know women just want to be cared for.
- They can lift really heavy things without getting hurt. Refrigerator? Yes. Furniture? Yes. Washer and dryer? Yes and yes. And yes, that’s really what women think about. You know what else they think about? Men, lifting little things. Like babies. And toddlers, and tricycles, and strollers. It’s women’s intuition; we simply cannot help it.
- One word: pheromones. Men who workout have lots of them, and women can smell them from a mile away. Don’t believe me, men? How many times has a woman said you smelled good right after the gym? And you’re like wtf, I’m sweaty and gross?! It’s the pheromones, buddy. *Side note: This is NOT a free pass to skip showers!
- They understand the importance of health. Worrying about ourselves is hard work enough, and worrying about a man’s health and lifespan is…stressful, to say the least. The comfort of knowing a man will live a long, healthy life is invaluable. Women want their men around (even if they won’t always admit it).
So, rather than listing a million more facts (because this list could go on for days), I will conclude by saying this — To the men who make time in their day to workout, here’s to you! We know it’s not easy being you; so keep kickin’ ass and taking names.
And always remember: Women want you around. They just forget to say it out loud sometimes. 😉